Value added tax is one of the most complex and onerous tax regimes imposed on business - so complex that many businesses inadvertently overpay or underpay VAT.
The ever widening scope of VAT, the constant stream of detailed changes to the regulations, and the ever growing demands of Customs and Excise call for a trained professional eye to ensure that you do not fall foul of the regulations and do not pay the Exchequer more than you need to!
At Beltons we can provide an efficient cost effective VAT service, which includes:
- Assistance with online VAT registration and online filing
- Advice on VAT planning and administration
- Selection of the appropriate sccheme for your business i.e. Flat Rate Scheme, Cash Accounting
- Assistance with HMRC VAT enquiries, whether the returns were prepared by us or not
- VAT control and reconciliation
- Help with completing VAT returns
- Planning to minimise future problems with Customs and Excise
- Assistance with specialist area VAT i.e. TOMS, healthcare, property etc
- Negotiating with Customs and Excise in disputes and representing you at VAT tribunals
- Assistance with treatment of VAT in your books and records
Call us today for a VAT healthcheck.